2007 Blogger’s Choice Award Winners Announced
Over 300,000 Voters Select Their Favorites in World’s Largest Fan-Based Blog Competition; Winners in 37 Categories Revealed at Las Vegas Ceremony
ORLANDO, FL - (November 28, 2007) - The Blogger’s Choice Awards, the world’s largest fan-determined blog competition, has announced the winners of its inaugural awards contest. Winning blog sites were recognized during a gala awards ceremony held November 10, 2007 at the PostieCon 2007 bloggers convention in Las Vegas.
The 2007 Blogger’s Choice Awards was a landmark for the blogging community, attracting more than 14,000 blog nominations splitting more than 300,000 votes. Blogs under consideration in the Blogger’s Choice Awards were nominated by the fans themselves; readers were able to vote for as many blogs as they wished, in multiple categories, as long as they adhered to the competition’s rules and regulations. The competition spawned a number of global grassroots promotional efforts, as readers campaigned for their favorite blogs.
Rosie O’Donnell, who won in the Celebrity Blogger category for her blog Rosie.com, said "It’s better than the Oscar, to me.” Rosie first started promoting her blog’s nomination on ABC's “The View” back in April. Her fans responded with the most votes of any blog. Other celebrities, such as Perez Hilton, star of VH1's “What Perez Sez”, won three awards including Best Gossip Blog, Most Obnoxious Blogger and Worst Blog of all Time.
“I am elated by the success and awareness we created in our inaugural year,” said Ted Murphy, CEO of IZEA, the competition’s corporate sponsor. “The BCAs have quickly become the largest and most coveted award in the blogosphere.”
In addition to recognizing well know bloggers, the competition also shined the spotlight on lesser-known blogs with passionate followings. Named in 37 different categories, the 2007 Blogger’s Choice Award winners are:
- Best Animal Blogger: cuteroverload.com
- Best Blog About Blogging: Problogger.net
- Best Blog About Stuff: Postsecret.blogspot.com
- Best Blog Design: Kentuckygurl.com
- Best Blog of All Time: cuteoverload.com
- Best Blogging Host: Blogger.com
- Best Business Blog: Optionaddict.Blogspot.com
- Best Celebrity Blogger: Rosie.com
- Best Charity Blog: Heroesforchildren.Blogspot.com
- Best Corporate Blog: Blog.Dreamhost.com
- Best Education Blog: Internetsafetyadvisor.info
- Best Entertainment Blog: Officetally.com
- Best Food Blog: Veganyumyum.com
- Foreign Language Blog: Sedentario.org
- Best Geek Blog: Lifehacker.com
- Best Gossip Blog: Perezhilton.com
- Best Health Blog: Scienceroll.com
- Best Hobby Blog: Yarnharlot.ca/blog
- Best Humor Blog: Thesneeze.com
- Best Marketing Blog: Copyblogger.com
- Best Parenting Blog: Thecowgoddess.com
- Best Photography Blog: Thepioneerwoman.com
- Best Podcast: Keithandthegirl.com
- Best Political Blog: Feministing.com
- Best Pop Culture Blog: Postsecret.Blogspot.com
- Best Religion Blog: Standfirminfaith.com
- Best Shopping Blog: Purseblog.com
- Best Sports Blog: Mvn.com/nfl-giants
- Best Travel Blog: Hostelbuenosaires.Blogspot.com
- Best Video Blogger: Brotherhood2.com
- Freakiest Blogger: Dead-silence.org
- Hottest Daddy Blogger: Neilgaiman.com
- Hottest Mommy Blogger: Dooce.com
- Most Obnoxious Blogger: Perezhilton.com
- Most Passionate Fan Base: Blacktygrrrr.wordpress.com
- The “Blogitzer”: Dooce.com
- Worst Blog of All Time: Perezhilton.com
Winners in the competition represent the most “innovative, meaningful, popular and influential bloggers on the planet,” said Murphy. “We congratulate the winning bloggers and are thankful for each winner’s contribution to the blogosphere.” Additional information about the awards, including links to winning blogs, can be found at www.bloggerschoiceawards.com.
About the Blogger’s Choice Awards:
Blogger’s Choice Awards allows fans to vote on their favorite blogs and nominate them within a variety of categories including Best Celebrity Blog, Hottest Mommy Blogger, Most Obnoxious Blog, and more. Visit www.bloggerschoiceawards.com.
IZEA is a next-generation social media marketing company. Comprised of properties including SocialSpark, PayPerPost, Zookoda, Bloggers Choice Awards and RockStartup, IZEA aims to empower everyone to value and exchange content, creativity and influence. IZEA’s current flagship product is SocialSpark, the world's first Social Advertising Network. IZEA is venture funded by Inflexion Partners, Village Ventures, Draper Fisher Jurvetson and DFJ Gotham Ventures. Advertisers, consumer content creators and partners are encouraged to join the social media revolution at www.izea.com.